Public Information Officer
The PIO is tasked with keeping the community, as well as the media, up to date with fire department safety messages, activities and incidents.
Other Job Functions
- Coordinating the scheduling of emergency response units for fire and life safety presentations with the Operations Division.
- Developing program objectives and performance measures, collecting and analyzing data and evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
- Developing and coordinating the release of information to the media concerning community projects and departmental activities by preparing press releases, arranging staff interviews and responding to media questions.
- Making presentations and communicating with all levels of the Department, citizenry and the media.
- Scheduling and coordinating press conferences, awards ceremonies, promotional ceremonies and other Department activities.
- Representing the Fire Department during community programs and at public, social and business meetings.