06-12-2013 Around 3 a..m. Wednesday morning, firefighters responded to a house fire at 1320 Wells Circle. The first arriving engine reported a working fire, with visible flames and smoke showing, heavily involved.
“The house sat back from the street on a hill with high grass and debris. It was very difficult for firefighters to access around the home during suppression efforts,” said fire Captain Tim Flinn.
The house was vacant and had no utilities, but neighbors stated that vagrants and juveniles would sometimes occupy the premises.The house is believed to be owned by Allen Brown of Parkersburg.
The house was in a state of disrepair; it is structurally unstable and is believed to be a total loss.
No injuries were reported, but the house posed very dangerous for firefighters. There was a partial floor collapse and the house had a heavy fire load of stored contents, including a propane cylinder.
Fire investigators received several reports from bystanders that there were juveniles and an adult male seen in the area, with what appeared to be a gas can. The fire appears to have originated on the ground level of the two story building.
The fire has been ruled incendiary and anyone with information is asked to contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 304-424-8522 or Parkersburg Police Department at 304-424-8444.
Fire crews cleared the scene around 5:30 a.m.
This article was written by admin