Kitchen Fire Scorches South Parkersburg Home- 3925 11th Ave

Post 85 of 97

01/24/3012 – Around 10:45 p.m. Thursday evening, firefighters were dispatched to a house fire at 3925 11th Ave (near Broadway Ave). The resident informed 9-1-1 dispatchers that the home was filling up with smoke.

Engine 5 was first due from Blizzard Drive and found a dryer fire in the kitchen. Flames charred the interior walls of the laundry area and smoke filled the first floor.The fire was partially controlled by a melted water line from the adjacent washer and further extinguished with make shift aids.

“Our investigators determined the fire originated in the dryer and it is believed to have malfunctioned. The resident told us that it had not been used for a couple days,” said Fire Chief Eric Taylor.

The home is owned and occupied by Tom Wiseman. No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at $4,000. Fire crews remained on the scene for about an hour checking for fire extension and installing additional smoke detectors.

This article was written by Chief Taylor